6.29.2011


At the beginning of the month I quietly opened my second online shop LAX TO YVR on Etsy. Shortly thereafter the Canada Post strike began, then the shut-out. Yeah, a great way to begin an e-business that relies on the postal system. Nevertheless, I kept the shop open but didn't do much to promote it, thinking that I wouldn't see much action in the shop if I lay low. To my surprise, I got orders within days of opening the shop.

So ta-da! I'm announcing a new shop featuring exclusively handmade home decor by yours truly. I'm a bit obsessed with typography and I think burlap is a really cool fibre to work with so I was inspired to create a product that combines both. Jute burlap is natural, renewable, recyclable, and biodegradable so it's a very sustainable resource. My goal is to be as eco-friendly as possible in running my business.

My first online shop Sugarpush Vintage is still around. It's going to be interesting (and require a butt load of multitasking prowess) running the two shops simultaneously. I find that selling handmade is a totally different game than selling vintage on Etsy.

I'm super excited about my new venture. Now that Canada Post is operating again, I hope that business will pick up for both stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment