8.25.2011

ROAD TRIP!

I'm back from my recent trip down to Washington and up the Sunshine Coast. The occasion was a family reunion on my in-laws' side.
First I drove down to Yakima, WA to pick up the Dude's step-grandmother. It was a real treat to do a long drive by myself. I haven't done one of those in ages! Driving for six hours was actually relaxing for me because I was forced to do nothing but drive. It was a welcome break from my usual multitasking hectic daily life. Driving down Highway 82 was my favourite part because of the breathtaking views of the sheer barren desert. Living in lush, green Vancouver, I really miss seeing stark desert landscapes. Yakima reminds me very much of Southern California.


























Then we drove back to B.C. to connect with the rest of the clan, and we all drove up to Sechelt in the Sunshine Coast. The Dude's uncle hosted a two-day 60th birthday party extravaganza in his fabulous vacation home. It was a lot of fun to have the whole family together in one place. And the weather was perfect to say the least.



























View from the ferry, on our way from Horseshoe Bay to Gibsons. Riding the ferry is always a visual feast.



























Birthday party. At this point a piƱata was getting smashed.


No comments:

Post a Comment