11.22.2011

DAYTRIPPIN' IN BELLINGHAM, WA

Bellingham_111119_0022

I love going down to Bellingham, WA whenever I get a chance. At first I went down only to go shopping at stores I miss like Trader Joe's and Target. But as I got to explore the town a bit, I have totally fallen in love with it. The Dude and I went this past Saturday, and I took pictures of some of my favourite spots.

We first went to Fairhaven, a cute little part of Bellingham that's right by the water. It's a bit of a tourist-trap but you can't help but enjoy its quaint old-timey atmosphere. We had lunch at Avenue Bread where they serve excellent sandwiches! Then we browsed through a great independent bookstore called Village Books.

fairhaven collage 2
Bellingham_111119_0011
Fairhaven collage

Then we went to Downtown Bellingham. It has a really cool vibe for such a small downtown. My favourite store to visit is Digs. They specialize in modern, vintage, and cool home decor. They carry Dwell Studio bed linens and Gus furniture! Need I say more?

Bellingham_111119_0020

A visit to Bellingham is never complete without getting a little something something from Rocket Donuts!

Bellingham_111119_0024

Violin shop storefront window.

Bellingham_111119_0028

Other cool downtown businesses worth checking out are Northwest Yarns, Mallard's (for super good ice cream), and Taco Lobo (for yummy Mexican food).

1 comment:

  1. Great tips! I've never been to any of these place, but I'm going to check them out next time I'm down that way for sure! I also love going to Bellingham to shop. Aveda is really cheap (comparatively) there, too. We also live the Drive-In that's just at the end of downtown AND Chuckanut Drive all the way to Burlington is such a beautiful drive. :)

    ReplyDelete